Ausschließlich für Fachpublikum
The Medical Library is offering a workshop on Open Access in the English language.
Location: CVK, IT training room, Westring 1 | Time: 09:15–11:15
Participants will get to know important phrases, data sources and tools that help when choosing a journal for publication.
Aimed at: The workshop is suitable for both scientists and students at the Charité.
Besides the fundamentals of Open Access, this two hour workshop also offers hands on exercises at PCs. Participants will get to know important phrases, data sources and tools that help when choosing a journal for publication.
The workshop covers:
- Different options when publishing Open Access: the green and gold routes
- Expectations from publishers and funders, including:
- Versions: Pre-print, Post-print, Publisher pdf
- Creative Commons-Licenses
- Article Processing Charges or fees from the publisher and how to negotiate over these
- Funding through the Charité OA Publication fund
- Selection of a suitable OA repository for archiving.
Contact details for registration: Since participant numbers are restricteded to 15 (max) on practical grounds, please book a place.
Please send enquiries about the workshop by email to the Open Access Team:
Speaker Jenny Delasalle worked for fifteen years in research support roles at various British libraries. At her last employer, the University of Warwick, she was the founding manager of the institutional repository and established one of England’s first Open Access publication funds. More recently, she freelanced for universities, publishers and software providers and she joined the Open Access Team of the Medical Library in January 2018.
Charité Medical Library
Wednesday 11.03.2020, 09:15-11:15
CVK, IT training room, Westring 1, ground floor, Room E18
Information about Open Access and the Publication Fund can be found on our Publishing website.