Ausschließlich für Fachpublikum
Workshop in English
Location: Charité Medical Library, CVK | Time: 09:15–12:15 This three-hour workshop provides an overview of open data.
Workshop: Open Data - 13.02.2020
The BIH QUEST Center, in cooperation with the Medical Library, is offering a workshop on open data, in the English language.
Aimed at: The workshop is suitable for both scientists and students at the Charité and the BIH.
Contents: This three-hour workshop provides an overview of the free availability of data (open data) and includes practical exercises on the PC. The workshop will answer the following questions:
- What is open data and why is it important to share data?
- How do I choose a suitable repository for archiving?
- How do I ensure that my data is easy to find and accessible?
- How do I ensure that my data are also re-usable in the long term?
- How can I consider privacy aspects?
- How do I search for useful data sets and how do I quote them?
Contact details for registration:
Since participant numbers are restricted to 15 (max.) on practical grounds, please book a place.
Please send enquiries about the workshop by
Dr. Evgeny Bobrov is a consultant for open data and research data management at the QUEST Center of the Berlin Institute of Health. He advises on the provision of biomedical data and is an advocate for open data. Previously, he was a brain researcher and then a laboratory manager at the Charité, and so has first-hand knowledge of research practice, including about the obstacles that sometimes hinder data sharing.
Charité Medical Library
Thursday, 13.02.2020, 09:15 – 12:15