You are here:
Workshop: How to Publish Open Access Journal Articles
The Medical Library is offering a workshop on Open Access in the English language. Current dates are to be found in the calendar of events.
Aimed at: The workshop is suitable for both scientists and students at the Charité.
Contents: Besides the fundamentals of Open Access, this workshop also offers hands on exercises at PCs. Participants will get to know important phrases, data sources and tools that help when choosing a journal for publication.
The workshop covers:
- Different options when publishing Open Access: the green and gold routes
- Expectations from publishers and funders, including:
- Versions: Pre-print, Post-print, Publisher pdf
- Creative Commons Licenses
- Article Processing Charges or fees from the publisher and how to negotiate over these
- Funding through the Charité OA Publication fund
- Selection of a suitable OA repository for archiving.
Workshop leader Jenny Delasalle worked for fifteen years in research support roles at various British libraries. At her last employer, the University of Warwick, she was the founding manager of the institutional repository and established one of England’s first Open Access publication funds. More recently, she freelanced for universities, publishers and software providers and she joined the Open Access Team of the Medical Library in January 2018.
PubMed and Catalog training
We show you:
- how to search most effectively in the premier medical bibliographic database MEDLINE, through the search interface PubMed.
- how to find print and electronic books, journals, and journal articles in the Library Portal Primo.
- which other subject specific databases there are (for instance LIVIVO, Web of Science, CINAHL, Cochrane, Embase), and what their strengths are.
- how to reach the full text from your search results.
- how to save search results and export them into reference management tools.
In English upon request. In German, twice a month. See the latest dates in our events calendar: Veranstaltungskalender.
Additionally, we offer training on special databases and topics for interested groups. Just arrange an appointment with us!