Library user regulations & fees
By using the library, you accept both the Library user regulations and fees of the Charité Medical Library. The current version of the regulations, dated 1st Nov 2017, covers the fees listed here.
You are here:
Purchase of replacement copies
- Users must immediately replace borrowed items which are lost or severely damaged with the same or newer editions.
- When replacing items, please pay attention to the year of publication. Please consult with our acquisitions team about items that are more than 5 years old. Contact person: Kristin Exner Tel.: 450 576 153
- If suitable replacement is not possible, damages are to be paid in accordance with statutory provisions, or else an equivalent work designated by the library must be provided.
- If a user does not replace an item, then the library will procure a replacement and charge the cost to the user.
- For procuring a replacement item, the library will charge an additional fee of 20.00 Euro, according to paragraph 2, no. 2 of the Fees regulations appendix.
It is possible to pay fees in cash (no credit cards accepted) at all of the Medical Library site libraries.
For payment transfer (remittance), please use the following details on the remittance form:
Recipient/Empfänger: Freie Universität Berlin
Bankdetails/Bankverbindung: BERLINER BANK NDL DEUTSCHE BANK PGK AG
IBAN: DE67 1007 0848 0513 1289 00
Reference/Verwendungszweck: 011/58 + User ID number
N.B. The reference details are crucial: without this, your account cannot be credited with the fee transfer!