The Medical Library of the Charité is a participant of the DEAL contract with the publisher Wiley and as a result, scientists at the Charité have several advantages. You can read all Wiley journals and can publish Open Access.
You are here:
Open access publication of articles in Wiley journals involves a reduced administrative burden on authors.
Funding will be provided by the Medical Library if the following criteria are met:
- The corresponding author is a member of the Charité
- Date accepted is from January 22, 2019 (gold OA journals*) or July 1, 2019 (hybrid journals**)
- Article type: primary research or review article
* Gold OA journals are those where all content is completely barrier free, and can be read immediately upon publication by everyone worldwide. The journal must have a scholarly quality assurance process, for example peer review. The Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) lists such journals.
** In hybrid journals, only individual articles are made open access upon payment while other articles remain behind payment barriers.
The publication process for authors:
- The publication process differs depending on whether you submit your manuscript to a pure (gold) OA journal or to a hybrid journal.
- For a gold OA journal, you choose the Charité as your institution at the point of submitting your article. The Charité has the code "D052". Wiley describes the entire process with screenshots in this tutorial (PDF).
- For a hybrid journal, upon acceptance of your article you can select "OnlineOpen" and confirm your Charité affiliation. Wiley describes the entire process with screenshots in this tutorial (PDF).
If you have questions about the procedure, please contact us.
The Open Access Team is available for advice and support on all things Open Access:
Gabriela Bökemeyer-Jäschke, Jenny Delasalle, Elena Gandert, Steffi Grimm und Dieter Vieljans
Publication Fund – Use this address for enquiries about financial support
Open Access – Use this address for general enquiries relating to Open Access
Steffi Grimm, Subject Librarian for Open Access and Electronic Publishing, Head of the Open Access Team.