Expert public only
The Medical Library is offering a workshop on Open Access.
Participants will get to know important phrases, data sources and tools that help when choosing a journal for publication.
The Medical Library is offering a workshop on Open Access. Besides the fundamentals of Open Access, this workshop also offers hands on exercises at PCs.
The workshop covers:
- Different options when publishing Open Access: the green and gold routes
- Expectations from publishers and funders, including:
- Versions: Pre-print, Post-print, Publisher pdf
- Creative Commons-Licenses
- Article Processing Charges or fees from the publisher and how to negotiate over these
- Funding through the Charité OA Publication fund
- Selection of a suitable OA repository for archiving.
Contact details for registration: Since participant numbers are restricteded to 15 (max) on practical grounds, please book a place (via calendly).
Please send enquiries about the workshop by email to:
Organizational and administrative matters
Steffi Grimm has expertise in Open Access and electronic publishing. Since October 2018 she has led the Open Access Team at the Charité Medical Library. Before this she worked in the Open Access Team at TU Berlin with responsibility for Gold Open Access and publication fund issues. She holds an MA in Library and information science from Humboldt University of Berlin.
Charité Medical Library
Monday, 16.09.19, 09:15am til 11:15am
CVK, IT training room (IT-Schulungsraum), Westring 1, Ground floor, Rm E18 (same building as the Personnel department).
CVK campus map: Westring 1