Expert public only
The Medical Library is offering a workshop on Open Access in the English language.
Participants will get to know important phrases, data sources and tools that help when choosing a journal for publication.
The Medical Library is offering a workshop on Open Access in the English language. Besides the fundamentals of Open Access, this workshop also offers hands on exercises at PCs.
The workshop covers:
- Different options when publishing Open Access: the green and gold routes
- Expectations from publishers and funders, including:
- Versions: Pre-print, Post-print, Publisher pdf
- Creative Commons-Licenses
- Article Processing Charges or fees from the publisher and how to negotiate over these
- Funding through the Charité OA Publication fund
- Selection of a suitable OA repository for archiving.
Contact details for registration: Since participant numbers are restricteded to 15 (max) on practical grounds, please book a place (via calendly).
Please send enquiries about the workshop by email to:
Organizational and administrative matters
Jenny Delasalle worked for fifteen years in research support roles at various British libraries. At her last employer, the University of Warwick, she was the founding manager of the institutional repository and established one of England’s first Open Access publication funds. More recently, she freelanced for universities, publishers and software providers and she joined the Open Access Team of the Medical Library in January 2018.
Charité Medical Library
Tuesday 17.09.19, 09:15am til 11:15am
CVK, IT training room (IT-Schulungsraum), Westring 1, Ground floor, Rm E18 (same building as the Personnel department).
CVK campus map: Westring 1