Expert public only
The Medical Library is offering a webinar on Open Access in the German language.
The Medical Library has now organized another digital version of the workshop (in german) on open access!
Contact details for registration: Since participant numbers are restricteded to 30 (max), please register for the Webinar up until 03.12.2020: Registration Link.
Aimed at: The workshop is suitable for both scientists and students at the Charité.
Contents: In addition to introducing to the theory and basics of Open Access (OA), this two-hour workshop also offers practical demonstrations of important databases. Participants will get to know important phrases, data sources and tools that help when choosing a journal for publication.
The workshop covers:
- Different options when publishing Open Access: the green and gold routes
- Expectations from publishers and funders, including:
- Versions: Pre-print, Post-print, Publisher pdf
- Creative Commons-Licenses
- Article Processing Charges or fees from the publisher and how to negotiate over these
- Funding through the Charité OA Publication fund
- Selection of a suitable OA repository for archiving.
Organizational and administrative matters
Speaker Jenny Delasalle, OA Envoy at the Charité, is a professional librarian with over twenty years of experience in supporting researchers. At the University of Warwick she was the founding manager of the institutional repository and set up one of the first open access publication funds in England. More recently, she has worked as a freelancer for universities, publishers and software vendors and joined the Open Access team of the Charité Medical Library in January 2018, originally in a different capacity.
Charité Medical Library
Friday 04.12.20, from 10:00 to 12:00
Online via Adobe Connect: Registered participants will receive a link.
- Further workshops can be found on our events calender.
- Information about Open Access and the Publication Fund can be found on our Open Access website.
- Here you will find further information about training from the Medical Library.
Please send enquiries about the workshop by