Specialist Information on the Coronavirus
Collection of freely available scientific information on the novel coronavirus
Last update: 6 June 2020
You are here:
Evidence-based resources, guidelines and recommendations
- Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine University Oxford (CEBM)
Oxford COVID-19 Evidence Service
- Cochrane Library
Coronavirus (COVID-19): evidence relevant to critical care
Coronavirus (COVID-19): infection control and prevention measures
- Deutsche Interdisziplinäre Vereinigung für Intensiv- und Notfallmedizin (DIVI)
Covid-19 recommendations (ethical, organisational and therapeutic)
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Rapid guidelines and evidence reviews
National and international guidelines and recommendations (WHO, CDC, ECDC-EU, PHE, JAID, etc.)
Evidence on coronavirus
- EPPI-Centres in England
Living systematic map of the Covid-19 evidence
- Charité Research Database
Database with Charité research projects and publications on COVID-19
- Global Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology Online Network (GIDEON)
Ovid database on global infectious diseases with special information on the novel coronavirus
A service of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) with current scientific information about the novel coronavirus
- Livivo ZB Med Search Portal for Life Sciences
Search string to search for articles about the novel coronavirus in Livivo:
"COVID-19" OR "SARS-COV-2"
- NFDI4Microbiota National Research Data Infrastructure for the Research of Microbiota
Information from the NFDI4Microbiota consortium on the novel coronavirus
- Ovid MEDLINE All
Ovid and MEDLINE recommend this search. The search is optimized to achieve greater balance of sensitivity and specificity.
Publication of further expert searches in Ovid MEDLINE
medRxiv Health Sciences and bioRxiv Biology offer free access to preprints that have not (yet) been reviewed in a peer review process.
We recommend the following sensitive search string to search for articles about the novel coronavirus in PubMed:
("Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2"[Supplementary Concept] OR "COVID-19" [Supplementary Concept] OR "Betacoronavirus"[Mesh] OR "coronavirus*"[tiab] OR "corona virus*"[tiab] OR ncov[tiab] OR covid*[tiab] OR sarscov*[tiab] OR "sars cov*"[tiab]) AND ("2019/12/01"[PDAT] : "2099/12/31"[PDAT])
- World Health Organisation (WHO) Global research on the novel coronavirus
WHO collects the global scientific findings on the novel coronavirus in a database.
Many publishers have joined the Wellcome Statement Sharing research data and findings relevant to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and make coronavirus content freely available on their platforms.
- Cambridge University Press
- DUKE University Press
- Elsevier Novel Coronavirus Information Center
Electronic textbooks were made freely available by Elsevier.
Elsevier COVID-19 Clinical Tool Kit
- Emerald Publishing
- Karger Publishers
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
- Oxford University Press
- Taylor & Francis
Scientific institutions and international organisations
- Center for Disease Control
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- International Association of National Public Health Institutes
- Johns Hopkins University’s Center for Systems Science and Engineering
- NIH National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Robert Koch Institute
Information, case numbers and recommendations from the Robert Koch Institute
The COVID-19-Dashboard provides a detailed presentation of the transmitted COVID-19-cases in Germany by county and state.
- World Health Organization (WHO)
WHO information on coronavirus
Current case numbers worldwide are available on the World Health Organization website..